New research out today from the Child Accident Prevention Trust (CAPT) shows how mobiles are putting children at risk of serious accidents. 1 in 4 parents (24%) admit their child has had an accident or near miss when they’ve been engrossed in their mobile phone. Over two-thirds (69%) of parents surveyed said they are distracted…
Shop for Info and Safety Equipment
One Step Ahead wallchart
Our ‘at-a-glance’ safety wallchart for parents and carers of 0 -2 year-olds matches the age and development stage of your child to some of the likely hazards in your home.
Make a donation
Donate to CAPT on the Cloud Nine website (minimum £2 and £2.95 P&P) and they’ll send you a heat-proof pouch for your hair straighteners.
Each pack contains a range of CAPT materials about baby and toddler development to help you make your home, garden and car a safer place, as well as top tips on common concerns to do with baby equipment, using car seats, feeding and sleeping.
Carbon monoxide alarms
You can’t see it, smell or taste it but carbon monoxide can kill children in seconds. CAPT’s advice is to fit carbon monoxide (CO) alarms wherever there is a flame-burning appliance (such as a gas boiler) or an open fire.
Together with Safelincs, a fire safety product supplier, we sell four CO alarms to suit a range of needs.