Bitrex Taste Test
You can now order your free Bitrex® Taste Test, to help make your Child Safety Week one that parents never forget.
Thursday 9 June will be Bitrex® Taste Test day, when parents, practitioners and radio DJs taste the bitterest substance on earth.
Bitrex® is added to household products that young children may accidentally drink. Bitrex® makes potentially dangerous products so bitter that children will spit them out before swallowing them. So it acts as a third line of defence against poisoning (after storing products out of reach and child-resistant packaging). In fact, Bitrex® is so bitter one teaspoon full can be detected in an Olympic size swimming pool!
A poisons message with impact
Want to see the Bitrex® Taste Test in action?
Watch and listen to Simon, Danielle and Katie from Sunderland’s Sun FM take the #BitrexTasteTest for Bitrex® Taste Test Day.
Hear the presenter from BBC Northampton taking the test:
How does the Bitrex® Taste Test work?
Invite parents to taste Bitrex® for themselves using the stamps included in your free Bitrex® Taste Test kit – quickly followed by a piece of milk chocolate, which is the only thing that will take away the taste! The memory of the taste will last for a long time, as will the message about preventing their child being poisoned.
Order your Taste Test kit now!
Make it into a session
The Bitrex® Taste Test makes a great ice-breaker for a session on poisoning prevention. CAPTs Toxic Tales DVD resource pack gives you three ready-made sessions on poisoning, featuring films about cleaning products, medicines and carbon monoxide, plus support cards giving you facts at your fingertips, accurate safety advice and engaging discussion ideas.
The pack also includes 25 of each of two flyers for parents – How safe am I from poisoning? and How safe am I from poisonous gas? You can also buy the colourful flyers separately as a take-away for parents.
About Bitrex ®
Bitrex® is an official sponsor of Child Safety Week 2016. Bitrex® is the bitterest substance ever discovered, making it a powerful deterrent to accidental swallowing of harmful household, garden and automotive chemicals.